Takaful International Company, established in 1989, is the first Islamic Insurance Company in the Kingdom of Bahrain and one of the pioneering Islamic insurance companies in the Middle East. The company provides insurance coverage and services that cope with the individuals/corporations needs and the vast growing demands of the new millennium. Over the past twenty five years Takaful International was able to achieve a high ranking position and build upon a trustworthy reputation in the local and international insurance market which has enabled us to compete with elite Takaful insurance companies worldwide.
- Established in 1989.
- In 1998 the Takaful International Co. was re-launched. The new name reflects the company’s new futuristic vision and ambition to expand its business operations within and outside the Kingdom.
- Listed in the Bahrain Stock Exchange as well as a member of the Bahrain Chamber of commerce and industry.
- In 2008 the company was rated (BBB) with a stable outlook from Standard and Poor’s rating agency.
- In 2011 Awarded Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa award for Women Empowerment.
- In 2013 the company was rated (B++) Secure with Stable Outlook by A.M.Best Rating Company.
- In 2017 Awarded eGov Best application for smart devices on private sector award.
- Takaful International Co. (TIC) is a subsidiary of GIG Bahrain. Rated A- (Excellent) by AM Best with stable outlook and is one of Gulf Insurance Group’s members, the largest insurance groups in the MENA Region.
Why Takaful International?
- Specialized Centers with Takaful services spread throughout the Kingdom.
- Direct communication center (Takaful Hotline) for servicing clients and any urgent inquires.
- Provide excellent service for both Islamic and conventional companies.
- Highly trained professional workforce of nearly 80% of whom are Bahrainis with executive management being 100% Bahrainis.
- The paid up capital is BD 8.5 M and the authorized is BD 20 M.
- Active participation in large government and semi government accounts in Bahrain.
Vision, Mission and Values
To be recognized as the pioneering innovative leader of quality Sharia’a compliant insurance solutions.
To be the insurance company of choice by spreading awareness of Islamic insurance solutions and becoming the leading provider of a full range of Takaful products that combines superior quality based on Sharia’a principles and values.
The essence of our values is our ability to succeed in providing excellent services based on commitment and quality. The principles are:
- Adhere to the highest levels of professionalism.
- Contribute effectively to the local economy.
- Maintaining the company growth, profitability, and development.
- Believe that there is potential for development and commitment to achieve success.
- Strengthen leadership by providing integrated services and innovative products.